- Ok, I don’t mean the traders that buy the stock directly from the company, but the ones that trade it for profit.
Answer by thunder2sys
they teach us that gambling actually is legal.
- For example, an vice president in the securities division of Goldman Sachs, how much would he earn in comparison to a vice president in the investment banking division? Do traders earn equal pay to those in the investment banking division? Or can they earn more?
Random Promotion :
Web Site Www.forextradersfactory.com
Answer by longstreet
First off, “investment bank traders” are now largely a thing of the past (or soon will be). Proprietary trading has been declared illegal so investment banks are no longer allowed to hire traders to trade for the company’s account. Instead, the old trading departments are being spun off and labeled as asset management divisions or becoming hedge funds with close ties to their former parent companies. Secondly, the relative pay between bankers and traders doesn’t follow an overall pattern. Pay is based off of many things: experience, division, performance, etc. . .Initially, traders seem to make more than Investment bankers because traders are allowed to perform tasks which actually add value; they trade while the i-bankers do the grunt work on pitch books based off of financing put together by more senior bankers. Over time though, the bankers begin to take on more responsibilities and have greater upward mobility. Once you rise above the rank and file and can start doing some creative work with things like M&A (which is great because the pay-offs for the bank are huge while the risks are non-existent, unlike in trading).
I can’t tell you an average pay for traders since the numbers vary so much, but the following should give you a feel for the general amount of money available:
1. As a first year analyst (banker) Goldman will pay you around $ 120k (bonus and salary)
2. After 2 years as an analyst you become eligible for larger bonuses and generally receive a title to make you feel better (like vice president). . .last year the average for goldman sachs employees was just under $ 600k (salary and bonus)
3. After you move beyond the VP stage you become a Managing Director; at this level you are likely making right around $ 750-$ 800k (salary and bonus)
4. Finally, after being an MD for around 10 years, most people are offered the position of Partner. The average junior Partner makes around $ 1m-$ 3m and the average normal partner makes between $ 3-$ 6m.
6. In 2006, the CEO made $ 65m
When traders start out they have a relatively small salary but are eligible for large bonuses. The only really concrete number I have for this is that Lehman Brothers used to pay it’s traders $ 1m for every $ 20m they made for the company.
I hope this was helpful. . .are you wanting to go to Wall Street?
- I have heard that there were certain parts of Africa that remained untouched by the slave trade. I know that in many cases it was Africans themselves who sold other Africans to the white slave traders.
I believe that there were no slaves taken from Kenya.
Answer by Douglas L
European slave traders got all their slaves from west Africa because it was the closest place to the end users in the new world. Freight costs were very high. Also allot of the slaves died on the way across the Atlantic. Taking them from East Africa was just not practical. Arab slave traders did collect slaves in East Africa.
- REGION 1 DVD – NTSC
In the setting of the Toronto-based investment house, Gardner/Ross, Traders explores the intimate lives and loves, the mystique and monetary machinations of investment bankers whose high-stakes decisions and sizzling alliances can have grave international consequences.
- REGION 1 DVD – NTSC
Price: [price asin="B0002GFREQ"]
A novel of loss, identity, and, in the strangest of places, hope.
Leonard Trader is a luthier, a maker of guitars. Johnny Devlin is chronically unemployed. Leonard is solitary, quiet, responsible. Johnny is a lady-killer, a drunk, a charming loser.
When they inexplicably wake up in each other’s bodies, Johnny gleefully moves into Leonard’s comfortable and stable existence, leaving Leonard to pick up the pieces of a life he had no part in breaking.
Penniless, friendless, ho
List Price: $ 17.95
Price: [price asin="0765302969"]